- Opening of the Call: 02 December 2019
- Deadline for EUREKA- applications: 01 April 2020
- EUREKA-Evaluation results will be communicated: 01 July 2020
- Consortia Agreements signed & Endorsement & Project Start: 01 February 2021
Within the Eureka initiative, this call is based on mutual consent between the participating national funding bodies (NFBs), namely: the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) (South Africa); The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG), The Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI) (Spain), The Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT) (South Korea), and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Participants are invited to submit applied research and innovation project proposals in the domain of Disruptive Technologies and related sub-themes. The domain themes and sub-themes may include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI);
- Renewable Energy;
- High-Speed Travel, Robotic innovations, Autonomous Vehicles, and Advanced Virtual Reality;
- Disruptive Manufacturing, including: 3D Printing, Medical Innovations, Precision medicine (e.g. Genome Editing)
- Big data and digital disruption; as well as,
- Agricultural disruptive technologies: Precision agriculture.ICT solutions for the agro-food sector.