2017 energy consumption in industry nearly unchanged compared with a year earlier (released on 2018.11.02)

In 2017, the energy consumption in the German industry was nearly unchanged compared with the previous year (+0.1%). The Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) also reports that the major part was used for energetic purposes such as electricity and heat production (87%). The remaining 13% of the energy sources consumed by industry were used, for instance, for the production of chemical products such as motor fuels, fertilisers or plastics. As in the previous years, the main energy sources in industry were natural gas (29%), electricity (21%), coal (17%) as well as mineral oils and mineral oil products (17%).


Leave a Reply