Baltic Sea Region 5G Ecosystem Forum “5G Techritory”
You are invited to the Baltic Sea Region 5G Ecosystem Forum “5G Techritory”, one of the leading 5G technology events worldwide, which will be held in Riga, Latvia on 27 and 28 September 2018. The Forum will have the unique aim of creating a platform for the development of a healthy 5G ecosystem that can serve as a role model for building the “European gigabit society”.
It is expected that in total 5G Techritory will bring together up to 1000 senior attendees and around 60 senior speakers from Europe, Asia and the USA, including Andrus Ansip, European Commissioner for Digital Single Market and Vice President of the European Commission, Steve Mollenkopf, CEO, Qualcomm Incorporated and Jürgen Rigterink, EBRD First Vice President and Head of Client Services Group.
General structure of the Forum
During an intensive 2-day programme the Forum will feature high-level business and political discussions on 5G global deployment. Topics will include how to turn the European Commission’s vision of a European gigabit society into sound business models. The Forum will also review the latest 5G progress in Europe and will feature:
- plenary sessions and three parallel working sessions with keynote presentations and panel discussions
- exclusive inspirational talks such as “The Future of the Car” with Steve Mollenkopf, CEO of Qualcomm Incorporated
- presentations on the latest 5G technology
The Forum’s main focus will be on four vertical markets that could benefit most from the introduction of 5G: smart cities, smart mobility, smart healthcare and Industry 4.0.
Main topics of discussion
- Harmonised global development of communication
- Digital Single Market strategy for turning Europe into a gigabit society by 2025 and progress on the 5G Action Plan
- Implication of the newly adopted European Electronic Communications Code on 5G deployment in Europe
- Spectrum harmonisation to support the development of a new 5G ecosystem and the deployment of the most advanced wireless/mobile infrastructure
- Progress on timely availability of the initial global standards for 5G
- Lessons to be learned from the first 5G network pre-commercial demonstrations, trials and pilots, including possible cross-border cooperation
- Are mobile operators ready for huge investment in the 5G network infrastructure?
- The role of start-ups in fostering 5G development
- The latest pilots and experiments in the run-up to 5G through public-private partnerships
- The availability of funding instruments for advanced 5G network infrastructure and for digital start-up activities, and a new EU financial framework for 5G funding after 2020
- The critical role of 5G in transforming industry and society. What positive changes can 5G deliver, why is it decisive and are people and businesses ready for these challenges?
- How to make a real business from 5G ideas in vertical markets such as smart mobility, smart cities, smart healthcare and Industry 4.0
- Connected and autonomous vehicles: the latest challenges and solutions
- Policy, planning and investment decision-making for smart transportation infrastructure
- What does it take to build a smart city: a completely new challenge for municipalities?
- The latest experience in the implementation of smart city strategies
- Shifting focus from treatment to prevention: how can 5G help with this?
- Artificial intelligence: disruptor of the healthcare industry
- Telemedicine and its development perspectives
Who should attend?
European leading policy-makers and government officials, heads of the most influential industry organisations, global and regional business leaders, industry experts, content providers, business developers, investors, academics, innovation promoters, start-ups, and other high-value stakeholders.
5G Techritory is organised by the Electronic Communications Office of Latvia (responsible for the management of the radio spectrum in Latvia), in cooperation with the Nordic Council of Ministers, 5G Automotive Association (5GAA), the Office of the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Environment and Regional Development of the Republic of Latvia.
Are you interested in participating?
There will be an excellent opportunity for you to meet many important players related to 5G agenda in Europe as it is well positioned for getting at the forefront of the introduction of 5G technology and to challenge Silicon Valley and Asia in this global competition.
It is still possible to register for 5G Techritory with an Early Bird fee by 26 August through the Forum website http://www.5gtechritory.com. There are also more details about the Forum, including special prices on flights and accommodation.